Facing high volumes and increasingly complex products, warranty management has become a crucial factor the automotive sector, causing high saving potential in warranty recovery.
End-to-end transparency with up-to-date production information is essential for the efficient handling of complaints during the warranty period and is an indispensable part of the daily business process. Quality engineers not only need 8D reports for complete fault analysis, but are also dependent on various information from various sources, such as:
- End-of-line test data of the defective components
- MES data from the production plant
- Quality documents from global development centers
- Quality assurance contracts agreed with the supplier
Only after checking the target state of the defective component, it is possible to define effective shutdown measures and implement them in production. However, the information required for this is usually requested manually in personal contact and the provision of this information can take several days under certain circumstances. The longer it takes to obtain data, the more inefficient the entire process of complaint handling and the decision on corrective action in series production. Likewise, potential reclaims to suppliers are delayed and additional costs are incurred.
Blockchain enables direct access to data through a register technology with cryptographic access protection.
The register is accessible only to holders of the required keys. Each data owner grants individual access to potential data recipients. Each access request and each data transfer carried out is recorded and documented in an unalterable way.
The person investigating a complaint has real-time access to metadata. Upon request, the complete data sets still held by the data owner are transferred to the requesting party.
Increase the efficiency of your warranty management with the block chain based services.
- Real-time access to relevant internal and external data – in minutes
- Increasing the efficiency of every complaint processing and subsequent evaluation both internally and externally
- No communication barriers between departments
- Transparency and traceability of every single complaint leads to an excellent quality history
- Reduction of manual effort for answering customer enquiries and providing data
- Time-stamped, digital fingerprint of product and test data
- Fixing all rules of data access for your customers
- Unchangeable records of all data transfers
- Automate data access to your own suppliers for full traceability and transport